original winches IF 1974

English spoken IF-boat forum for all topics.

Moderator: Moderator

VeldkampM

original winches IF 1974

Inlägg av VeldkampM »

Dear Members of the Swedisch IF club,

As member of the Dutch IF association I like to visit your beautifull site, it is so professional.

So I think you will be able to help me with this question. I have an IF build in 1947. I Like to renovate the winches because I like to keep the boat as original as possible. It is a type with fixed handles and winches can turn clock- and contra-clockwise. Litte synthetic blocks on the pawls in the winches are gone. I like to replce them. Can anyone of you tell me which was the manufacturer? It is not Andersen (I contacted them, they didnot recognize the winches) and might there be still spare parts for sale?

I liked to include some foto's and details but I dont know how do do that on this forum. So please paste this link into your browser
http://picasaweb.google.com/veldkamp.mc ... directlink

Best regards Michiel Veldkamp Haarlem Netherlands
Användarvisningsbild
IF1158

Re: original winches IF 1974

Inlägg av IF1158 »

I also want to know the name of the manufacturer. I have the same winches on my boat (SWE-1158) built 1974.
Fredrik Ringblom
FredrikH

Inlägg av FredrikH »

If you put an ad on the "salutorg" at www.ifboat.com, maybe you can reach someone who has replaced winches of the type you are looking for and like to sell the old ones. I have some old winsches in my garage, but on my boat there was Lewmar as original.
VeldkampM

Inlägg av VeldkampM »

Dear Swedish IF yachtsmen,

I am glad to let you know that I have fixed the problems with my winches. Placed a flat ring under the handle to take away the margin that made the handle scour over the groundplate. Made 4 new synthetic blocks out of a heel plate which I got from a shoemaker and glued them on the pawls with 2-component glue.

They are working well again and I am very proud of myself. If you like to know more about this reparation, give me a sign.

On the rubber handles I found the word ‘LED’ which may give an indication of the producer of the winches. Because the word led has a new meaning nowadays it gave me no solution on the Internet. Does it you give a clue?

Best regards

Michiel Veldkamp
IF IFO, Haarlem, Netherlands
Skriv svar