Sliding outboard bracket

English spoken IF-boat forum for all topics.

Moderator: Moderator

mat

Sliding outboard bracket

Inlägg av mat »

Hello,

I'm considering replacing my transom hung outboard bracket with one of those sliding brackets that allows the outboard to be pulled right up. I see them a lot on Nordic Folkboats, but have also seen them on IFs.

I'm just wondering if anyone can answer a few questions about them please? My questions are: How easy are they to fit? Would it effect the lazarette - possible the hatches? What weight of outboard can they take? Also, any further advice would be welcome about them.

Many thanks,

Mat.
IF boat 'Sonmi' / Sail no.3215 / River Hamble, UK
Användarvisningsbild
maja

Re: Sliding outboard bracket

Inlägg av maja »

The company "Folkebaadcentralen" in Kerteminde, Denmark has gone out of business.

A German company has taken over business, but as far as I recognize, they have no longer such sliding brackets in their product suite.

Maybe you may find a used one, but it could be difficult, as the IF-boat owners having mounted such are very happy with them. As far as I know, there are no problems with access to the lazarette.

My own opinion is that you should not use such a bracket together with a motor of max 6 hp and max weight about 28-30 kg.
Marek, IF-båt SWE-829 "Ingela" från Lagunen i Malmö
Medlem i IF-båtförbundet sedan 1985
IF-båtägare sedan 1983
mat

Inlägg av mat »

Thanks Maja,

I'll keep a look out for one. There's a couple of IFs near me with the sliding bracket. I'll try to chat to the owners so I can get some photos and dimensions, and look at getting one custom made... ..depending on cost.

M.
Användarvisningsbild
maja

Inlägg av maja »

As I remeber, the bracket was quite expensive, even factory made... 400 GBP or similar....
Marek, IF-båt SWE-829 "Ingela" från Lagunen i Malmö
Medlem i IF-båtförbundet sedan 1985
IF-båtägare sedan 1983
mat

Inlägg av mat »

I'm probably best to save that money for a new outboard. My current Yamaha is from 1993, but still going strong....
Skriv svar